Sunday, August 14, 2016

Bringing Blending to the Classroom

Wow!  Blendspace has added so much to my classroom.  The introduction of this one simple service has given unbelievable depth and ease to differentiation in my assignments.  The tech is basically point and click to develop.  Now, there is even an iPad app for the Apple fans out there.  

As I have moved to full functionality and dependence on Google Classroom, the seamless integration between these two services just adds to my joy.  I can create a multi-media assignment with several different activities in Blendspace and assign it to my class right there!  In fact, I even login with my Google account.  

If I don't feel like creating my own board of activities, there are hundreds of shared activities.  I can simply seek out something on my topic and use it.  I assign it the same way--click and go!  If you are looking for a way to assign a variety of activities about one topic, all in one place, I strongly encourage you to give this site a try.  Please visit my lesson on the Progressive Movement.  You'll note I incorporated videos with embedded quizzes, political cartoons, an audio file, and also a digital worksheet based on a web article.  There's literally something for every student in this assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment